Concurrent Enrollment (also known as CIS- college in the schools- classes) are classes that are taught at Becker High School and students earn dual credit (high school and college credit). Becker High School partners with St. Cloud State University to offer various course options.
Students who would like to enroll in the CIS courses must meet certain criteria to be eligible.
- Sophomores- must rank in the top 10% of graduating class
- Juniors- must rank in the top 1/3 of graduating class
- Seniors- must rank in the top 1/2 of graduating class
- PreCalculus- students take the Accuplacer prior to the beginning of the course. Students who score at SCSU's cut off score can earn college credit for the course. Students in Grades 10, 11 and 12 have the opportunity to earn college credit for PreCalculus.
- Writing- students take the Accuplacer prior to the beginning of the course. Students who score at SCSU's cut off score can earn college credit for the course.
Becker High School offers the following CIS courses:
- Intro to Literature (English 184)
- Intro to Rhetorical and Analytical Writing (English 191)
- PreCalculus A (Math 112)
- PreCalculus B (Math 113)
- Chemistry (Chemistry 160)
- Physics (Physics 103)
- Human Biology (Biology 103)
- Environmental Science (ETS 260)
- Democratic Citizenship (History 195)
- World History (History 106)