Immunization Requirements

For the protection of all students, Minnesota State Law (Sec.121A.15 MN Statutes) requires that all children get vaccinated against certain diseases or have a legal exemption on file to be enrolled in school.   In Minnesota, there are nine vaccinations your child needs before attending school: measles, rubella, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, mumps, hepatitis B and varicella (chickenpox).

Before entering school, each child must provide proof that the immunization schedule is in process or has been completed.  

*Exemptions: No student is required to receive an immunization if they have a medical contraindication or that laboratory evidence of immunity exists. No student is required to have an immunization which is contrary to the conscientiously held beliefs of their parent or guardian. A medical waiver must be signed by a physician and conscientious objections must be notarized.  Download MN Immunization Record Form or pick one up at any of Becker School's Health Services offices.  


In order to remain enrolled in any public school, the parent/guardian must submit the required form to the school administrator that shows the student has received:

7th Grade

In addition to the standard immunization schedule, written proof is to be submitted that your child has received:

12th Grade

Students entering 12th grade need to have documentation or legal exemption for the booster dose of meningococcal vaccine.  

Teenagers and young adults are at higher risk for meningococcal disease. This dose is important to make sure they are fully protected through their highest-risk years.  For more information on meningococcal disease, go to Meningococcal Disease Basics on the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) website.

Locating Your Records 

Where do I go to get my child Immunized?