True/False Test Taking Tips
1. Choose "true" only when you are certain the entire statement is true.
2. Be careful when statements contain a negative word or prefix.
3. When the statement contains 2 negatives or prefixes, cross both out. This helps clear up the statement.
4. An absolute (all, none, always, every, never, only, no) statement is usually false.
5. A qualified (some, many, usually, most, sometimes, may, often) statement is usually true.
6. If uncertain, guess (unless there is a penalty for guessing). Best guess is to guess "true."
**Adapted from www.how-to-study.com.